Connected Living Room Market Forecast: 2013-2017
The connected living room streaming device market - which includes smart TVs, net-tops (streaming devices such as Apple TV or Roku), connected Blu-ray players, as well as a new class of streaming sticks - is expected to grow to 267 million devices shipped worldwide by the end of 2017. This growth will be fueled by increased demand for content streaming by consumers and the continued integration of enabling network and software technologies by consumer electronics manufacturers.
If you would like a complimentary copy of this report's executive summary, you can order and download it here free of charge, no credit card required.
Below is a Table of Content for this report:
Chapter 1: Smart TV, Net-Tops, Streaming Sticks & Connected Blu-Ray Player Forecasts
- Figure 1: Smart TV Shipments & Installed Base
- Figure 2: Smart TV Revenue
- Figure 3: Net-Tops (streaming set-tops) Global Shipments and Installed Base
- Figure 4: Net-Tops Global Revenue
- Figure 5: Streaming Sticks Global Shipments and Installed Base
- Figure 6: Connected Blu-ray Player Global Shipments and Installed Base
- Figure 7: Connected Blu-ray player Global Revenue
Chapter 2: Streaming Device Wi-Fi Forecast
Figure 1: New Wi-Fi Connections Shipped - Smart TV, Net-Top, Streaming Sticks, Blu-ray Players, by 802.11n, 802.11ac, 60 GHz
- Figure 2: 802.11ac dual-band by device type (Smart TV, Net-Top, Streaming Sticks, Blu-ray players)
- Figure 3: 802.11ac/60 GHz Tri-band forecasts by device type (Smart TV, Net-Top, Streaming Sticks, Blu-ray players)
Chapter 3: Streaming Device Bluetooth and NFC Forecast
- Figure 1: Bluetooth in Connected TV Devices (Smart TV, Net-Top, Streaming Sticks, Blu-ray players)
- Figure 2: NFC in Connected TV Devices (Smart TV, Blu-ray players)
Chapter 4: Miracast and Dial Forecasts
Chapter 5: Notes
We include forecasts and historical data from 2010 to 2017. The research in this report is based on extensive conversations with TV OEMs, net-top OEMs, Blu-ray OEMs and semiconductor and software ingredient companies.
We also sell report packages that include advisory and the underlying data. For a quick guide to our report packages, see this page.