Connected Living Room Market Forecast: 2013-2017
The connected living room streaming device market - which includes smart TVs, net-tops (streaming devices such as Apple TV or Roku), connected Blu-ray players, as well as a new class of streaming sticks - is expected to grow to 267 million devices shipped worldwide by the end of 2017. This growth will be fueled by increased demand for content streaming by consumers and the continued integration of enabling network and software technologies by consumer electronics manufacturers.
This report includes analysis and forecasts of the following product segments and technologies:
- Smart TVs
- Net-tops (i.e. Apple TV, Roku)
- Streaming sticks (i.e. Roku's streaming stick)
- Connected Blu-ray players
- Miracast/Wi-Di in connected living room devices
- Wi-Fi in connected living room devices (including 802.11ac and 60 GHz)
- NFC in connected living room devices
- Bluetooth in connected living room devices
We include forecasts and historical data from 2010 to 2017. The research in this report is based on extensive conversations with TV OEMs, net-top OEMs, Blu-ray OEMs and semiconductor and software ingredient companies.
We also sell report packages that include advisory and the underlying data. For a quick guide to our report packages, see this page.